Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Starting the patio

 Okay, so I want my patio extended in my backyard, but it is WAY cheaper to do it yourself ($250 vs. $1200) so I am having a go at it. My co-workers are going to help me with the pour, but I have to dig and level and take out sprinklers, etc. Kevin and Krystal came over and helped me rent a tiller and we had some fun with that. Mostly we broke the tiller a few times and nearly set it on fire, but that's just how we roll. We actually got a lot done with it. These are all the sprinklers I had to tear out. Super fun (not really).
 I had to cap the line so here is before I capped it.
 This is the big area where the patio will be. I am going to move all the chairs to this area so I can sit in the shade from the deck and the kids can ride their bikes on more of the patio. Yeah!
 After the sprinkler was capped. Yeah me! See dad, I was paying attention when we did the sprinklers before at the other Provo house.
This is the GINORMOUS rock that I had to dig out. It is HUGE!!!! I did a size comparison to most of the other rocks I found.. I later found another rock about 3/4 the size of this rock almost right next to it. I need to get an updated picture because it is looking even better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment