Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome to New Orleans

June 3-7- Jeremy asked me what I wanted for putting him through 2 years of graduate school, for being a single mom, working my butt off, and dealing with all that stress with such amazing resiliency. I said, "I want a trip to Louisiana for me and a friend" He said, "I thought you would ask for an Ipod." Hehe. Nope. I worked so hard and put up with all the commuting and having to make ends meet with just one person working, I think I deserved a little more. So I went to Louisiana! My sister Christy came with me and we had the best time, she is probably the best person I could have chosen, no dount in my mind. She travels just as well as I do, she has a similar sense of humor, and she loved Wicked, what more could you ask for? Oh, and she brought a ton of chick flicks. Awesome! So we left Friday night and flew together to New Orleans. We had a good flight, even if 4 hours is a bit long.


Christy and I on the plane, ready for a party weekend.








So the pictures get out of order. Christy and I went to the Mississippi and were going to go on a tour, but it was canceled due to not enough people, so we took ourselves on a walking tour of the French Quarter. The picture of me is somewhere below.







The St. Louis Cathedral.









Andrew Jackson's statue.











Christy kissing a frog, I don't know why, she has Goeff. Who could ask for a better hubby.



We saw a binch of these going by.





Trying on masks. I think my pics of these are on another blog. We found some amazing masks.



























Inside the St. Louis Cathedral. So beautiful. We could only look in the main area because there was an ordination going on.















































Some amazing houses in the French Quarter.



























No comments:

Post a Comment