Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Skating practice


October 27th- So I told a few of my co-workers about me wanting to join derby and they were kind of excited. Rand, who used to be a huge skater, offered to come with me and help me learn a few things. It was awesome. I took Lexi. She was really unsteady on her skated until Jer got there and could help her just skate on carpet. After that Rand taught me a bunch of stuff about skating, did I mention this was about the 4th time in my life on skates and I am super uncoordinated. It went great. Well later that night was my first derby practice and thank goodness Rand had taken me out because everyone else was much better skaters then me. They had training for the newbies. I learned to fall, stop, cross over. I am super good at falling (the correct way) I was surprised when I was not sore the next day. I will be doing my basic skills assessment in the end of November/beginning of December and then I will post when the games are. The Happy Valley Derby Darlings also have a page on facebook for those who want to follow them.






































No comments:

Post a Comment