Monday, June 14, 2010

Saying good-bye

So my Papa had cancer for quite some time and was on chemo doing great. Suddenly his cancer metastasized and was all over and he quickly went into a coma. I found out Friday night from Jenn who had found out from Krystal (thanks Krystal). I called Christy and we both felt like we needed to go and say our good-byes to Papa for some closure. So I drove to Nevada, dropped Lexi with Jer (Thanks Jer) and Christy, Cali, Lily, and I drove to California Saturday. We were able to see Papa on Saturday night and spend some time alone with him saying good-bye and introducing him to Lily. He was in a coma, but I believe he heard us. Papa was such a special person in my life, I was so grateful for the chance to say good-bye. Thank you Christy for being willing to come with me on my hair brained journey, you've always been great like that.


Grandma Harmon with Lily, Cali, Christy, and I. If I don't look that great, I did drive ten hours that day.

Aunt Delores and Uncle Jim had come down for a visit when Papa took a turn for the worst. We were so glad Grandma had someone there with her during this difficult time.





Cali and Lily are best friends already. Cali just played with Lily and helped her with her pacifier if it fell out. They were so cute together and added some adorable comic relief.



Here is Cali putting Lily's binky in for her. She is such a doll! I love my niece.




No comments:

Post a Comment